The links here may be useful for those working in the wet lab
- You can deposit your plasmids with Addgene. They will handle storage, distribution, and record-keeping.
- You can order plasmids and viral preparations.
- You can check the protocols in the field of molecular biology and learn from videos.
New England BioLabs (NEB): Tools for molecular biology experiments
NEB offers several helpful interactive tools for your research and protocols as well as useful informations which help to your experimental design. Here are some of the links I use frequently.
- NEBcloner: This tool will help you to determine recommended products and protocols for molecular cloning once you select a workflow step.
- NEBioCalculator:This tool will calculate the mass of insert required at several molar insert:vector ratios in the range needed for typical ligation reactions.
- NEBcutter: This tool will take a DNA sequence and find the large, non-overlapping open reading frames using the E.coli genetic code and the sites for all Type II and commercially available Type III restriction enzymes that cut the sequence just once.
Go here, if you want to explore more tools.